Eleven features of the SCAN website worth checking out in 2011. Some are accessible to all, but others are members only benefits and SCAN members must be logged into the website to access them. Enjoy!
1. Member Marketplace
Looking for products and services by SCAN members?
MEMBERS ONLY: Do you have a product to list? After signing in, click on MyProfile and then Marketplace to submit your listing.
2. PubMed feeds
SCAN volunteer Susan Dopart posts articles of interest specific to sports nutrition, cardiovascular health, wellness and weight management, and disordered eating and eating disorders with links to PubMed.
3. Nutrition Info for Consumers page
Newly designed page with information for consumers.
4. Point-of-Purchase Food Labeling Systems table
SCAN Volunteer Cheryl Toner created this table, which can be printed and used as a handout.
5.Comparison of the 2005 and 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Fats
This table can also be printed and used as a handout.
6. SCAN's E-library is growing! It contains pre-recorded webinars, workshop and symposium videos and other media. A few are free; most have a nominal charge.
7. Check out the pages dedicated to Careers and Students
8. Sports Nutrition Fact Sheets. This is one of SCAN's most popular pages.
9. MEMBERS ONLY: Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
Don't miss this incredible SCAN benefit.
10. MEMBERS ONLY: PULSE Newsletters
Members can access all PULSE newsletters back to 2004 as well as the articles that are currently available for CPEU.
11. 27th Annual SCAN Symposium, March 11-13, 2011 in Chicago, IL
Register now! Price will increase after February 2, 2011. SCAN members receive discounted prices.
Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2011. Best, Marie
Marie Dunford, PhD, RD
SCAN's volunteer Web Editor